Design + Illustration Studio

Design Updates + Inspirations

Baby!

As many of you know (from my Instagram account, a few weeks ago), I’ve been super quiet around here because we’re having a baby! I’m 18 weeks pregnant and doing really well. Initially, during the first trimester, I was really wiped out, most of my energy went to my clients and resting for the babe. Which is why I’ve been pretty quiet. I’m also taking a bit of a break from my regular blogging schedule, and things might look a little different around here, but I’m so excited about this new adventure. We’ll be finding out the sex in a couple weeks. I may or may not already be planning the nursery 🙂 As of now,  I’m going to downsize my office, and fit the nursery and office together. Does anyone have experience with a nursery/office combo? Does this make working impossible?

Will share more details and ideas soon!

13 comments

1. October 8, 2013

When we lived in a townhouse, our office and nursery were combined in the second bedroom. We had an L-shaped desk, bookshelves, a dresser with changing table, and a crib. It all fit, with room on the floor for tummy time on a play mat when necessary. Granted, we coslept and my first babe didn’t spend much time in the crib until he was almost a year old, but … well … that’s a personal choice. I didn’t work from home until E was 9 months old, so I loved sharing a bed with him while breastfeeding.

Anyway, all that to say, YES. It’s totally possible to combine your office and a nursery, buuuut, you’d better be napping when the babe naps and not working. 😉

Eva Black
    October 18, 2013

That’s what I’ve heard! I’ll try and nap for sure. That will be the biggest thing to figure out, when to work and when to sleep 🙂

2. October 9, 2013

YAY! Congratulations!! P.S. I am moving to Pasadena in a few weeks…let’s grab coffee! xo

3. October 9, 2013

Wow, congratulations! Been missing your posts so much but now I’m just so excited for you! 😀

4. October 10, 2013

Huge congratulations!! This is really exciting news and I can’t wait for more details in the coming weeks 🙂 xx

5. October 10, 2013

Hey Eva, congrats! We managed to fit our little man into our laundry room and it has worked out just fine! I love that I can multitask by cleaning up his space AND get the laundry done! 😉 Can’t wait to see what you do with your space. Best of luck! Rest up, and don’t feel guilty at all! 😉

6. October 10, 2013

so, so happy for you and your growing fam! can’t wait to hang soon 🙂

7. Kari
    October 11, 2013

I’m 22 weeks pregnant and trying to combine an office and nursery. I’m hoping it’s doable! Our space is well suited for it (we have an L shaped desk that fits perfectly in a cove in the room), so computer light and noise shouldn’t disturb the little one. But please keep us updated on how yours shapes up!

Eva Black
    October 18, 2013

Yeah, I know I’ll have space (after downsizing much of my paper hoarding and things), I’m thinking the same thing as you, hopefully I’ll be able to work without disturbing the babe! Congratulations to you!! 🙂

8. October 11, 2013

I’d say its the baby that makes working impossible, not the space you are working in. Even when they are being quiet and adorable and need no attention you just end up looking at this tiny thing that YOU created.
    I must admit, I found it easy until they were at crawling/rolling/walking age (8 months and walking in our case) as you can put them down and twenty minutes later they still haven’t moved (my son used to like studying his hands for hours at a time, he found them fascinating).
    I have juggled two children and working from home and now am just starting to get the hang of the children vs work thing (4 years in).
    You’ll find your groove and when you do, you’ll feel like superwoman! Enjoy every moment. xx

Eva Black
    October 18, 2013

haha! So true! I’ll try and get as much work done in the first 8 or so months (ha.)
    thank you!!

9. October 16, 2013

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    I think having the babe in the office might workout really well for the first year or so because that’s when they demand the most of your attention. Though you’ll be interrupted often at least you’ll be right there to attend to their needs and then get right back to work. 🙂

10. November 27, 2013

The way the Elena’s Models dating web site works is by far better than all the others I have been on. I had the most fun using this dating site and it really got me in touch with how Russian women communicate. I joined Elena’s Models for the second time in February of 2007, was only a couple of weeks to find my future wife, Larisa, on Elena’s Models , even after talking to several other ladies on the phone. I knew Larisa was different, I knew she was for me. In March I was in Russia by her side, loving every minute of her company. The culture shock was at a minimum because Larisa took very good care of me. *When a Russian lady loves you , you will surely know it , there is no mistaking it ,* that is what I experienced with Larisa. Returned 2 times more to Russia and we got engaged. We were married in July 2009 and we are very very happy. My life is now complete, just wish I would done this years ago. If you want success like what I have, you’ll need to have serious intentions of traveling there. Contact as many girls as you can and get their phone number and call call call, it’s very important to hear each others voice. Without Elena’s Models, Larisa and I would not of found the perfect love, each other.